The Rey Juan Carlos University is the youngest public university in Madrid. It was created with the objective of offering high quality education and academic and scientific excellence. These objectives are being attained: it is a University open to the challenges of the 21st Century, promoting intellectual development, advanced research, new technologies, professional excellence and the cultural, economic and social development of our region. It is located in the Southern area of the Comunidad de Madrid, with four campuses at Móstoles, Alcorcón, Fuenlabrada and Vicálvaro (Madrid).
The Rey Juan Carlos University includes, among its main objectives, a commitment to scientific rigour, research and technological innovation. The Rey Juan Carlos University is devoting all necessary efforts and resources to meet this goal by taking part in many innovative projects both at national and international level. Our University is paying also special attention to the use of Information and Communication Technologies within all its activities, having, indeed, a leadership position in this area among Spanish Universities.
One of the main priorities of the Rey Juan Carlos University is the close cooperation with the international scientific and academic community. It is carrying out cooperation projects with other higher education institutions and research centres of great prestige, both inside and outside the European Union. International promotion is aimed at:
- Increasing the European perspective of education by means of pursuing specific European Union agreements and programmes.
- Increasing exchanges with American, North African and Asian Institutions, to enrich the cultural and scientific panorama.
- Participating in Research Framework Programmes.
- Promoting the teaching of foreign languages.
- Promoting virtual mobility with the aid of multimedia technologies.
Rey Juan Carlos University website